Monday, August 27, 2012

Cabin in the Woods

Cabin in the woods. This is where we are living until he graduates in December. Jacob is going to school for seasonal law enforcement training. Yes my husband is going to be a park ranger for the National Parks. This is the first step we need to take to move up in the park system. In December we will be moving to a new location (National Park to be determined) to start the season. We will move until a full time position opens. We are excited to see where we will be moving over the next couple years. I am excited to explore new parks. 
If you guys wonder what I will be doing, it's simple. Because Jacob and I were both in recreation in college and both in search and rescue this gives me a huge opportunity to get a job at a National Park. I have an awesome resume and would be a great asset to a park. I just don't want to be in the law enforcement part like my husband. I still want to be involved in rescues and helping people as well but for now it is all up in the air until we figure out where we are moving to next. Exciting! 
Until then this is our little house. We had no idea how it would be. We planned everything over the phone without ever seeing it. So far it has been perfect. 

 Our front yard.

 Little vacation home. Everyone drives up from Florida to get out of the heat. The owners of 17 of these live in Florida now. Her father built them in the 70's. 

 Walkway to the pond
 View looking up from the pond.

That's about it. Hope this answers all the questions.

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute little cabin! I hope you guys are having a great time in North Carolina!

    ReplyDelete