Monday, July 22, 2013

Family Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe


My dad has been making these for years. They are amazing!

1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cubes butter (soft)

I mix these together for a min or two and then add the following

2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups flour

It helps to add your dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then slowly add to your other ingredients.

1 cup chocolate chips (or more if wanted)

If you have a Symphony Chocolate bar with almonds and toffee chips laying around I use this in place of chocolate chips.

Bake at 375 for 10-14 min and ENJOY!

My dad likes to bake them for 17 min! I do not agree. I like mine soft and chewy.

If you are making these and don't live in Utah your dough might end up a little different. Also ovens tend to cook differently. I always watch my cookies towards the end of the time and pull them out when they are slightly golden brown on top. So your time may vary. Watch them the last min or two.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete